| Adult Outpatient Programs |
De Paul offers Level I Outpatient treatment (once to twice a week), Level II Intensive Outpatient treatment (three or more times a week) and DUII treatment services at our locations in downtown Portland and Hillsboro. DePaul Treatment Centers provides additional services through our masters-level counselors who can address mental health issues and family therapy when deemed appropriate.
Continuing care serves those who have successfully completed residential or intensive outpatient treatment at De Paul or another treatment program. Family counseling is available to all clients and their families.
For more information, contact Admissions at (503) 535-1151 (Portland) or (503) 693-3104 (Hillsboro).
Adult Outpatient FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
How long is the Outpatient program?
Typical duration is 3-5 months, but it varies with each client.
What kinds of groups are offered?
Below is a list of some of the groups offered (varies by location):
- Recovery Mindset uses an evidence-based curriculum to address the needs of those involved with the criminal justice system
- DBT Mindfulness groups use Dialectical Behavioral Therapy theory (Linehan) to teach a variety of skills for recovery with an emphasis on mindfulness.
- Pain Management uses a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy curriculum to guide individuals struggling with chronic pain to learn different ways to manage pain and get support from others in the process.
- DUII groups provide a variety of learning opportunities through a Psychoeducational approach.
- Get it Together is a group designed specifically for the younger adult.
- Seeking Safety is an evidence-based curriculum that addresses the interactions between trauma and substance use disorders. The group currently offered is for women.
- Co-Dependency group teaches the signs of codependency and skills to address it.
- Recovery Wellness is a ‘core’ group that allows room to address the many issues that arise when a person starts to become sober and enter a recovery process.
- Continuing Care serves those who are preparing to leave residential and those who have completed residential or intensive outpatient treatment at De Paul.
How successful are clients who enter De Paul Treatment Centers Outpatient program?
About 70% of our clients complete the program successfully. In addition, 95% of our clients would recommend our program to a family member or friend.
How often do I need to show up for Outpatient appointments?
Clients are typically assigned to 1-3 groups per week. The frequency varies from client to client, and it is based on need. The majority of our clients start once a week.
How often will I meet with a counselor?
Clients usually meet with their primary counselor for individual sessions once or twice per month. However, depending on need, a client may meet more often.
Does De Paul conduct urine analysis?
Yes, we do. The frequency depends on the clients, and it may vary from 1-4 times per month.
Is it possible for my loved ones to get support also?
Yes. Family and loved ones are encouraged to participate in our Integrated Family Program. They can receive services before/during/after you are a client with us or regardless of whether you ever actually enroll with us. We even offer some initial FREE services for concerned significant others in a group named Support Person’s Group. The group is held Mondays and Wednesday from 6:15 PM to 7:45 PM. Call 503-535-1151 and ask for Betony Jacobs for more information.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes, we have several insurance contracts. Please call Rhiannon Etheredge at 503-535-1151 to see if your insurance will cover Outpatient services with us (most likely it will)!
What if I don't have any insurance?
We do offer services on a sliding scale (and other funding available for those who qualify). Call 503-535-1151 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
More questions? Call 503-535-1151 to speak with Admissions in Portland or 503-693-3104 to speak with Admissions in Hillsboro.
<< Back to Adult Services